Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kinroad xt50gy
UK Bike Forum > General > Bike Chat
tmetcalfe06
Please, if anyone knows anything about this bike, please tell me about it, I am suppose to be getting one, and I just want a little info on them, I already know they have 'unclean weldings but are still quite sturdy' I only want the bike for 1 year therefore will do a max of 5000miles so hopefully nothing dramatic will happen to it, but it is a brand new bike therefore I'm hoping it's all good, please, just any reciews or a little information on this bike will help, thanks a lot, Tim.
Anth
sorry mate, never heard of the things- looks like they are a Chinese import though.

When you get it, be sure to check all the mounting bolts are secure- I've heard a few scare stories about Cheaper Import's needing all the bolts tightened- even the important ones ooh2.gif

As to the brand itself... not a clue, sorry smile1.gif
Billy M
QUOTE(Uw.L @ Feb 16 2007, 01:54 AM) *
... not a clue, sorry smile1.gif

nothing new there then...... lbhh.gif

kinroad= bargepole and 6 feet, or 2 metre's to you metric kiddies ooh2.gif

Anth
Billy, has anyone ever called you a cantankerous old fogey?

They HAVE ooh2.gif

Can't say i'm surprised swivel.gif

we now re-rail this poor guy's thread
Billy M
oh yeah the bike...sorry, yeah its a chinese import like dead boy said, concensus is that because of poor quality their not worth the money mate...so have a look around for something else.
tmetcalfe06
QUOTE(Billy M @ Feb 16 2007, 02:16 AM) *

oh yeah the bike...sorry, yeah its a chinese import like dead boy said, concensus is that because of poor quality their not worth the money mate...so have a look around for something else.

what would you say was poor quality ahout them? and how long would they last because I'm only getting it for a year...? anyone else think anything of them??
Billy M
everything ive read or heard about chinese inports say that the overall finish is poor(chrome and paint) especialy if your winter riding, bolts and fixtures have a tendancy to either work loose or are loose, then there is the parts aspect of owning one of these imports. finding parts can be a total nightmare as dealers are very few and far between, I have heard the horror stories of chinese imports not lasting a period of winter riding(road salt kills them)...so you got to ask yourself...is buying one of these imports worth spending your hard earned cash on, when there a plenty more reliable bikes out there?......but at the end of the day mate, its your choice
mart
QUOTE(tmetcalfe06 @ Feb 16 2007, 11:38 AM) *

what would you say was poor quality ahout them? and how long would they last because I'm only getting it for a year...? anyone else think anything of them??

One of the things you have to watch out for is re-sell values. The chinese bikes tend to look scruffy even after a year, couple that with people not recognising the name and they can be a pain to sell.

A couple of years ago I was looking at buying a chinese import DT125-style bike but was put off for these reasons. I also spotted one that was about a year old and looking very rusty.
pigeon
Hiya, Depending on your finances I would agree with buying something else. If you can't stretch your shekels, try Bashan, the journo's from the used bike guide have been singing there praises.

www.bashan.co.uk

Pige beer.gif

P.S. Sorry they don't do a 50cc any more
Anth
How much are you looking to spend? Would you think about 800?

you can look through the Free ADs and find a decent 2nd hander (even just a few year old) for 800, or maybe cheaper.

You can then sell it on when you want to get soething bigger and not take such a knock on the re-sell price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.